- $3 million to four legal service providers to help support families, including Legal Services of Northern Virginia, Virginia Poverty Law Center, Bread for the City’s Legal Clinic, and Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia.
- $1 million to organizations advancing racial equality, including Bridges to Independence, Offender Aid and Restoration, and the Arlington branch of NAACP Scholarship Program.
- $1 million to community health facilities, including the Arlington Free Clinic, Alexandria Neighborhood Health, Children’s National Hospital, and the Virginia Hospital Center.
- $500,000 to economic opportunity, job training, and literacy organizations, including La Cocina VA, DC Central Kitchen’s Culinary Job Training Program, and the Literacy Council of Northern Virginia.
- $3.5 million to other community organizations supporting small businesses, military families, the environment, and the arts."
Amazon officially marked the two-year anniversary of its decision to open a second headquarters, HQ2, in Arlington Monday. It announced several donations to Washington-area organizations totaling $9 million. The latest donations by Amazon focus on housing affordability, racial equality, health care, and the arts. According to wtop.com, "The donations are as follows: